How well do you manage your garbage? Are you satisfied with your trash container, does it look good? This Pallet Rustic Recycle Bin DIY Tutorial will show you how to optimize your space and turn your trash container into a decoration. You can take even a step forward and paint it in your favorite colors.
So get the needed tools and materials and start working!
What you need:
– pallet wood (approximately 2 pallets worth)
– (2) 2″x4″x8′ studs (standard white pine)
– 1.5″ x 1″ strips (can be cut from a piece of 2″x4″)
– wood screws (you’ll need some 3″, 2.5″, 1 5/8″ and 1″)
– 4 hinges (reclaimed or purchased)
– miter saw (chop saw)
– reciprocating saw for harvesting pallets and making hinge notches
– small scrap of hard wood to make trap door and latch (i.e. pallet wood or walnut)
– leather scraps
– optional: *wood burner
– (4) heavy-duty anti-skid pads
– Husky brand contractor clean-up bags
How to do the job:
(all images by thinkingcloset.com)
For the full tutorial go to thinkingcloset.com
Are you ready? How hard was it? We’d love to hear about your craft results – just leave a comment with your opinion below.